I miss Yaba

Today, I was thinking about how much I've missed my apartment at Yaba. If there's one thing that kept me at my old job as long as I stayed, it has to be this apartment. The independence, the privacy; two things that are of high value to the introvert and homosexual in me.

Specifically, I was pondering on how my condition could have become so much more interesting if I was still at Yaba. I met Wilson on Grindr last weekend, a day before I deleted Grindr from my phone. He travels from Ipaja to UNILAG (Yaba) almost every week day for lectures. And why? He does not have an on-campus accommodation. Sad, for the cute lad that he is.

So, I was thinking while in the shower: If I still had my Yaba room, I would have offered Wilson some sleeping a living space in my room. In effect, having a cute teddy-bear to kiss and hold before going to bed every night. Unfortunately, in my pig-headed wantrepreneur state, I quit my job and inevitably, forfeited my space. Meaning, my fantasies of having sweet Wilson's body next to mine are not getting fulfilled anytime soon :(

But, in-between all of this, a light bulb has come on. I got an idea...



This evening, I received an e-mail which indicates that in two to three weeks, I'm likely to resume at a new job on the Lagos Island. Of course, this means I will be moving my queer ass once again, out of stinking Iyana-Ipaja back to Lagos mainland. Hell no, I say, to travelling from this area to VI every day; like freaking hell no. Gone are the days. Oga Lawrence, I salute o (Lawrence lives out of Sango and works at VI; sad freaking story. How can you even be productive?); e go beta.



So, when I get my new self-contained space at Yaba or Surulere at a time not so far from now, I shall extend my accommodation offer to Wilson. Hopefully (mean and selfish, I know), by then, his accommodation woes would still remain unsettled. Lo and behold, in a flash, yours sincerely will not be so lonely once again.

There's also a backup plan, a plan B, in the scenario that cute Wilson is well settled-in on campus before I re-settle on the mainland. I would simply ask him to let me know if there are any of his other 'friends', to whom my sugar daddy offer would still be attractive. Aha. I'm sure from there, it's likely to come upon other interesting prospects.

I cannot wait to get that offer letter, future employer. I truly cannot wait. Not because I'm exactly dying of lonely at the moment, no. I always find a way to stay happy and satisfied when I am alone. It just a situation of happening on a brilliant idea/solution, a eureka, and not freaking being able to wait to see it in effect.

So much, for missing Yaba. On a less perverted note though, I miss Yaba accommodation for the following reasons:

i.   Rollerskating:

My rollerskating career has been put to pause because no clubs, no smooth roads. Period. Besides, Agege does not having a UNILAG that has an abundance of smooth roads that are a necessity for a good skating experience.

ii.  Proximity to all the tech people. My career is in the Nigerian IT (tech) industry, and in-case you don't know, Yaba is colloquially referred to as "Yabacon Valley", because of its position as Nigerian major tech start-up centre.

iii. Proximity to all the cool places:

+ I want to browse for free. All I need do is call a friend whose office is in ccHub to let me hang around and perch on their wi-fi for a while. And even if that doesn't work, there are places in Ozone and AOS (Adeniran Ogunsanya Shopping) Mall that offer wifi hotspots commercially.

+ I want to hangout for a bit. There's Ozone, White House, KFC, AOS Mall, UNILAG all within a 15 minute drive of my apartment. And if I want to go a little further, the Palms shopping mall is not a whole world away as it is from my mum's house at Iyana - Ipaja.

Phew. This place called my family house at Agege/Iyana-Ipaja/whatever just freaking really sucks.

iv.  No more Truppr UNILAG 5k runs for me. At least, not until I find a place on the mainland to squat my ass every weekend, so all my job-free weekends don't turn out as horrible as this one (today's Friday) is likely to.

I miss you Yaba, I miss you, Lagos mainland. And I'm coming back for you, very soon baby. Trust me when I say that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I paid for gay sex in Lagos last Sunday - First time

How to find other gay men in Nigeria

Hot torso; goodbye NoFap; almost