Mark and Ethan (MEthan: my favorite couple) announced their breakup yesterday

Mark and Ethan (photo from the couple's Facebook page)

Please read the first sub-section of this article to learn about the significance of Mark and Ethan's relationship for me. TL;DR: The beauty and genuineness of their relationship helped me keep the hope of finding love for myself alive, despite all the challenges I've faced on that journey.

What does this mean for me?

The first emotion I feel is shock. When I was writing that article about the couple's YouTube channel at the start of this year, I couldn't have imagined that they would part ways in this same 2018. Funny enough though, I'm not sad or depressed; not even in the slightest bit.

It was clear to see from their break-up announcement video that their love for each other is still very much alive. They both said that they shall remain best of friends and it was comforting to see Mark express affection for Ethan in the video by rubbing gently on Ethan's hairy lap while Ethan was sharing his thoughts on the breakup.

As soon as I finished watching the video, I texted my friend Ladi on WhatsApp to break the news to him (we discuss the couple often when we hang out). The screenshot as well as transcript of my chat with him follows. Reading my chat with Ladi should provide you with a fuller view into what Mark and Ethan's breakup means for me.

My chat with BFF Ladi on Mark & Ethan's Sept. 2018 break-up announcement

Transcript:
LonelyBlackBoy: Hey Ladi [17:52]
LonelyBlackBoy: Have you heard? My relationship role models have broken up. [18:10]
LonelyBlackBoy: It couldn't have come at a better time than when I've decided to deprioritize a love relationship in my own life [18:11]
LonelyBlackBoy: I'm happy for them though. It's like the warmest and most loving break-up ever!!! [18:11]
LonelyBlackBoy: I don't think they'll see other people though TBH [18:12]
Ladi: OH MY GOD!! [18:13]
Ladi: I’ll be right back I need to watch the video [18:13]
Ladi: I can’t believe they broke up! Like they look so good together even as they did the video!! [18:15]
LonelyBlackBoy: I'm happy about it. I'm taking it as a thumbs up on my recent decisions [18:16]
Ladi: And I’m taking it as a sign that “love” isn’t for everyone [18:17]
LonelyBlackBoy: 👍 [18:18]

P.S.
I know a Lagos-based gay couple whose relationship would be three WHOOPING years old in a few months time. One half of the couple - Jay - is my very good friend, whom I actually really like. Like, as in I wanted him to be my boyfriend from the very first time we met. And we still share a healthy friendship till date, even though we don't get to communicate often because #Life.

Today alone, I've had to stop myself several times from texting Jay about MEthan's breakup and letting him know that I'm first in the waiting line for when his current love story comes to an inevitable end in a not-so-distant future.

Now, my prayer is that this post does not somehow get into Jay's boyfriend's hands. This blog is now in the top 5 results for "LGBT/Gay blogs in Nigeria", so the chances of that happening are not as slim as you might think. I don't mind if Jay sees it though, it's no news to him that I'm into him like that and we've since had a conclusive discussion about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I paid for gay sex in Lagos last Sunday - First time

How to find other gay men in Nigeria

Hot torso; goodbye NoFap; almost