Baring my heart to him

Hey Poet,

How are you doing? It's been a while since I heard from you. Two days, but it seems longer than that.

Well, it should be no news by now that I like you. I like you in a way that makes me imagine that we can make something meaningful together, out of encountering each other. I might not have said this directly, this might be a mistake on my part, but I feel like I've said it many times in my attempts at getting to see you again soon.

I'm truly hurt that you've not responded to my sleepover invitation all week, despite promising to let me know by Wednesday. It was even more painful to try to get to you on Thursday, unsuccessfully, and to see that you made no attempt to reciprocate. I'm not blaming you for anything, as really, you owe me no obligations.

I had dreamed up a near future where you were with me, and I with you. Where you're one of the most important things to me, and I, to you. My dreams, well, they're now being gently laid to rest already. You've responded to my advances with a painfully cold shoulder, or at least, that's how I feel, even if inaccurate. 

This letter is what you'd call, my final pull from the well of hope. Having pretty much concluded that you're not all that interested in me, take this as my last attempt to see if there really could be something here.

I wish you would respond, telling me how you like  to take things much slower, how you think I've been too rushed in my approach. You don't know how much I'd like to hear that you're still open to exploring what we could have together. However, I'm okay if it's a response that backs up my intuitive feelings; the feeling that I should move on since there's nothing for me with you. I know how it feels to be wanted by someone you don't want, and trust me, I'm not the one to compromise for the sake of not wanting to hurt someone. It's fine if you directly let me know to give up already. Life would definitely move on. I'd be beat down for a while, but I'd eventually recuperate and keep looking. I would silently thank you for not leading me on much longer, for saving me the time.


Thanks for murdering my weekend so nonchalantly :-) 

P.S.: I chose to go with my ego rather than send this to him. Let's see how far I can keep up with this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I paid for gay sex in Lagos last Sunday - First time

How to find other gay men in Nigeria

Hot torso; goodbye NoFap; almost